At a Glance
The CS8700 lightweight profiler has a very low ratio of vehicle weight per tire area in contact with the road surface. This allows surface profile testing of uncured pavements much sooner than is possible with heavier pickup trucks or vans. Access green concrete in 24 hours or less, or measure asphalt in time for rollers to respond to areas of localized roughness.
The CS8700 has a refined combination of custom hardware, ISO-9001 built electronics and feature-rich software. The profiling instrumentation for the CS8700 is installed onto the industry leading Polaris Ranger 570-EFI lightweight utility vehicle. In addition to a suspension engineered for a smooth ride, special DOT tires and wheels are among the numerous vehicle uplifts SSI installs onto each Ranger 570 vehicle. We guarantee the finished CS8700 will fully comply with ride quality testing and equipment certification specifications.
Attention concrete pavers, diamond grinders and milling contractors: use only wide-footprint lasers to achieve better measurements on pavements with aggressive textures (tined, grooved, milled or coarse textured surface characteristics). The wide lateral footprint laser produce test 20-25% lower IRI values on surfaces with the most aggressive texture characteristics. SSI offers the wide-footprint “Gocator" laser, which is the upgraded replacement to the “Roline” laser. SSI is the profiler manufacturer with the most experience integrating the new Gocator sensors onto production profilers. We have many systems that routinely pass DOT certifications throughout the USA.
Other SSI devices qualify as lightweight profilers. Installable onto lightweight vehicles are the CS9400 Simple Profiler and the CS9300 Portable Profiler. The custom trailer-mounted CS9200 Multiple Purpose Profiler is also light enough to be a lightweight profiler when towed behind a suitable vehicle.
- Polaris Ranger 570 vehicle collects data up to 50 mph (80kph).
- Meets AASHTO E950 (Class I) and M328, R054, R056-057.
- 1 inch (25.4mm) sampling interval at all collection speeds.
- Embedded distance encoder mounted on drive shaft.
- Wide beam lasers: Featuring LMI Technologies’ 5 kHz Gocator laser.
- GPS with positions merged with profile stations; real time navigation supported.
- ±5g rated Accelerometers. 0.0001g accuracy.
- Designed to replicate wavelengths of ~0.25 feet (7.62mm) to over 760 feet (231.6 meters).
- Core sensors and electronics detachable for use as SSI CS9100 or CS9300 high speed profilers.
Compliance & Equipment
- Complies with all commonly used specifications and equipment certification protocols for inertial profilers
- Equipped with industrial grade sensors, cables and connectors
- Core electronics manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility
- Rugged touchscreen computer on all systems
- Custom docking station mount for comfort and access
- Operates on standard 12 volt vehicle power supply
Operation, Training & Support
- One person operation
- Speed range: 5-50 mph (8-80 kph)
- Operating ambient temperature range: 32° to 110° F (0° to 43° C)
- Moisture: profiling system components impervious to moisture (data quality degrades on wet pavement)
- Worldwide multi-lingual operator training available
- Automatic software updates with SSI Profiler 3 v2016
- In field replacement of portable, modular components
- Warranty and rapid response customer support on all profiling system components and operations
- Windows 7/8/10 Professional Operating System
- Easy to follow on-screen instructions for accelerometer and distance calibrations, laser height verifications, and bounce test
- On screen visual aids and fast reporting of profile characteristics
- Support for Google Earth, Google Maps and Microsoft MapPoint
- Navigate to locations within profile data using real time GPS Tracker and navigational/mapping capabilities
- User selectable parameters for English and Metric units
- Real time data display of profile trace, distance, GPS and IRI values
- Electric Eye data triggers on each side of system function at 30+ feet (10+ meters)
- User programmable keyboard shortcuts
- SSI “Continuous Collection” software suspends collection when speed is less than 5 mph. Collection resumes when speed exceeds 5 mph (8 kph)
- Pause areas integrated into collection. View paused areas separately or exclude
- Multiple Profile Indexes: IRI (International Roughness Index), Mean IRI (MRI), Half Car Ride Index (HRI), Profile Ride Index (PRI), Ride Number (RN)
- Multiple outputs for Areas of Localized Roughness: IRI based roughness based on user specified thresholds; Rolling Straightedge, Profilograph must-grind bump template, Texas 1001-S localized roughness
- Raw data is rewritable: change parameters at any time
- User defined filtering values for high and low pass filters
- Patented multiple trace reporting capability
- Export data into (PPF, ERD), PDF, Excel, CSV, PRO, CAD, Survey, and Text
- Data is encrypted for security
- Single, dual or 3 track systems
- Spot or Gocator (5KHz) wide beam lasers
- On-board thermal printer
- Enclosed cargo trailer
- Better GPS: Medium (2.3ft/0.7m or 4”/10cm with subscription) or RTK corrected high resolution (0.4-0.8”/1-2 cm) with CAD output formats
- HD ROW camera
- Mean Profile Depth texture reading in the wheelpath