Collect Sidewalk ADA, Highway IRI, FF/FL Data
CS8880 Defined Traffic FF/FL Device
Collect Defined Traffic Data According To "DIN" and TR34 Standards
Same Accurate Platform Used For Multiple Applications
Configure the Walking Profiler For Your Application
The SSI Walking Profiler can be configured for any smoothness or surface collection from highway IRI, ADA compliance, FF/FL random traffic and defined traffic. Additions also include a ROW camera, cross-slope reporting, and texture.
The CS8800 Walking Profiler is the original ASTM E2133 device inspiring each derivative of walking profiler models. The CS8800 has an outrigger wheel for stability – system roll does not affect the pitch of the inclinometer used for longitudinal profiling.
- CS8800 Walking Profiler for longitudinal benchmark profiling
- CS8850 Surf-Pro for FF/FL testing (random and defined traffic)
- CS8900 ADA Access Profiler for sidewalks
Proven System Performance
- ASTM E2133 compliant device, equivalent to ASTM E950 Class I profiler
- Proven field 99% repeatability
- Guaranteed compliance with agency specifications and test methods
- CS8800 can be used as a benchmark device for certifying inertial profilers through AASHTO r56
Walking Profiler Standards and Industry Rodeos
The CS8800 Walking Profiler platform has been tested against other systems at the MNRoad test facility on different types of pavement. The goals of testing were to measure the error of the commercial walking devices relative to a benchmark profiler.
The CS8800 Walking Profiler results for the different sections are below.
ASTM E2133 – SSI CS8800 Walking Profilers comply with ASTM rolling inclinometer standards. Test surfaces have proven 99% repeatability.
- Measuring Units
99% on multiple same surface runs
- Test Results and Data Outputs
- IRI, MRI, HRI, PRI, RN, CA Bridge
- Variable localized roughness templates. PDF, Excel, ERD/PPF and raw strip trace formats.
- Floor Flatness/Floor Levelness.
- Operating Speed
- Profile Accuracy
±0.381 mm (±0.015 inch) per 45.7 meters (50 yards)
- Height Measurement Precision
±0.0025mm (±0.0001 inch) per: 305 mm (12 inch) wheelbase, or 250mm (10 inch) wheelbase.
- Grade Measurement Resolution
1 in 4.7 or 12 degrees.
- Sampling Interval
1-inch (25.4 mm) default. Adjustable from 0.25”-6” (6.35 -150 mm)
- Distance Tolerance
- GPS Position Accuracy
Low (2-3 meter); Medium (0.7 meter); High (2-5 cm, with subscription or RTK).
~40 lb (18 kg) without Toughbook computer, battery, accessories or carrying case
34.5” (L) x 18.0” (W) x 12.125” (H) collapsed. 36.5” (H) with handle extended
- Power Supply
12V Lithium Ion battery. Notebook PC runs separately on internal battery and can be charged by Walking Profiler. Estimated battery life may be 10 hours.
- Operating Temperature
- Data Collection Electronics
SSI proprietary embedded microprocessor based electronics architecture (ISO 9001 fabricated)
- Operating System
Windows 10 Professional operating system. SSI built Windows software for calibration, data collection and feature rich data analysis/reporting.
SSI Profiler Software
- Reports IRI, MRI, HRI, PRI, RN, and Localized Roughness (with adjustable bump and dip templates)
- Floor Flatness/Levelness (FF/FL) using SSI SurfPro program
- Instant test results and viewing of profile traces and reports
- Outputs longitudinal profile, elevation data, slope, simulated profilograph, raw strip trace, ERD/PPF (for ProVal), and PRO formats
- Multiple trace reporting allows cross-surface analysis of parallel profile traces (patented by SSI)
- Append data to existing files for comparison of original surface condition with corrected surface
- Profile reports and traces available on-screen, in PDF images, Excel (templates supplied), hard copy print out, or electronic formats
- Colorized traces and highlights of bonus/penalty profile areas
- Encrypted raw data for infinite reanalysis with variable parameters
- Data infinitely rewritable with variable analysis parameters (English or Metric units, profile indexes, data filters, localized roughness).
- Embedded PDF user manual in software
- Send Feedback or report issues to SSI staff directly
- Real time diagnostics monitor system health and ease support
- Desktop license supplied for viewing, analyzing, and printing data
- Software updates by self-executing internet download
- On-site customer training and support worldwide
Modular Options to Change Measurement Type
Popular options for the SSI Walking Profilers are:
- Dual or single axis inclinometer
- Single axis is longitudinal profiling
- Dual axis is for longitudinal profiles and cross-slope reporting
- Dot laser for rapid elevation changes or faulting/cracking
- Line laser for texture measurement (MPD – ASTM E1845, ETD, RMS, raw)
- ROW camera tied to stationing and GPS
- Larger wheels to move over rougher pavement (sidewalks)
- Rolling shipping case for all components
- Onsite training available worldwide