Quickly Collect ADA Data With The CS8600 or With The Versatile CS8900
Network and Localized ADA Data Collection
Speed and Precision
The CS8600 is a trike-mounted system capable of up to 15 mph collection speeds. The software uses the same procedure as the CS8900 Walking ADA Profiler, but the CS8600 has faster point-to-point collection speeds. If you have a large network of sidewalks to collect the CS8600 is right for you.
Both systems are accurate and repeatable against each other.
Collect All Parameters of Sidewalk ADA Compliance
Curb Ramps - Sidewalks - Dimension Restrictions
The CS8900 and CS8600 both use GPS to tag all user notes and identify out of compliance sections of pavement. All data points can be exported to GIS, PDF, or Excel for records or statistical analysis of the network.
ASTM E2133 – SSI CS8800 and CS8900 Walking Profilers comply with ASTM rolling inclinometer standards. Test surfaces have proven 99% repeatability.
Collection and reporting standards comply with local and agency standards for ADA collection devices.
- Measuring Units
99% on multiple same surface runs
- Test Results and Data Outputs
- IRI, MRI, HRI, PRI, RN, CA Bridge
- Variable localized roughness templates. PDF, Excel, ERD/PPF and raw strip trace formats.
- Floor Flatness/Floor Levelness.
- Operating Speed
CS8900: 0-3mph (0-5kph)
CS8600: 0-15 mph (0-24 kph)
- Profile Accuracy
±0.381 mm (±0.015 inch) per 45.7 meters (50 yards)
- Height Measurement Precision
±0.0025mm (±0.0001 inch) per: 305 mm (12 inch) wheelbase, or 250mm (10 inch) wheelbase.
- Grade Measurement Resolution
1 in 4.7 or 12 degrees.
- Sampling Interval
1-inch (25.4 mm) default. Adjustable from 0.25”-6” (6.35 -150 mm)
- Distance Tolerance
- GPS Position Accuracy
Low (2-3 meter); Medium (0.7 meter); High (2-5 cm, with subscription or RTK).
~40 lb (18 kg) without Toughbook computer, battery, accessories or carrying case
34.5” (L) x 18.0” (W) x 12.125” (H) collapsed. 36.5” (H) with handle extended
- Power Supply
CS8900 ADA Access Profiler
12V Lithium Ion battery. Notebook PC runs separately on internal battery and can be charged by Walking Profiler. Estimated battery life may be 10 hours.
CS8600 Ultra-Light Profiler
The internal battery powers the vehicle, collection electronics, and computer charger. Batteries are hot-swappable. Range may vary depending on battery used. High range capacity batteries have reported range of 50-75 miles.
- Operating Temperature
- Data Collection Electronics
SSI proprietary embedded microprocessor based electronics architecture (ISO 9001 fabricated)
- Operating System
Windows 10 Professional operating system. SSI built Windows software for calibration, data collection and feature rich data analysis/reporting.
SSI Profiler Software
- Reports IRI, MRI, HRI, PRI, RN, and Localized Roughness (with adjustable bump and dip templates)
- Floor Flatness/Levelness (FF/FL) using SSI SurfPro program
- Instant test results and viewing of profile traces and reports
- Outputs longitudinal profile, elevation data, slope, simulated profilograph, raw strip trace, ERD/PPF (for ProVal), and PRO formats
- Multiple trace reporting allows cross-surface analysis of parallel profile traces (patented by SSI)
- Append data to existing files for comparison of original surface condition with corrected surface
- Profile reports and traces available on-screen, in PDF images, Excel (templates supplied), hard copy print out, or electronic formats
- Colorized traces and highlights of bonus/penalty profile areas
- Encrypted raw data for infinite reanalysis with variable parameters
- Data infinitely rewritable with variable analysis parameters (English or Metric units, profile indexes, data filters, localized roughness).
- Embedded PDF user manual in software
- Send Feedback or report issues to SSI staff directly
- Real time diagnostics monitor system health and ease support
- Desktop license supplied for viewing, analyzing, and printing data
- Software updates by self-executing internet download
- On-site customer training and support worldwide