At A Glance
The fully automated CS8900 is a significant advancement for testing compliance with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) criteria for sidewalks. Eliminate measurements and manual recording with tools like straightedges and digital levels. All sidewalk data can be exported to GIS along with pictures and out of compliance locations.
The CS8900 can output GIS, PDF, Excel, and KML report files with the out of compliance areas. The operator can input the compliance thresholds and edit data within SSI Profiler.
The data is collected with GPS position and a dual axis inclinometer. A ROW camera is available to integrate images into the collected data at a user specified interval.
Professionally Designed Hardware
The CS8900 hardware can be folded into a rolling case for shipment or storage. The onboard battery powers the CS8800 electronics, sensors, and can also charge the computer. The extended capacity battery can last up to 10 hours.
A laser on the front of the CS8900 measures instantaneous changes in level for the bevel height requirement. This laser can be upgraded to include reporting of texture measurements.
The CS8900 has an outrigger wheel for stability – system roll does not affect the pitch of the inclinometer used for longitudinal profiling. The benefit of the outrigger is an accurate cross-slope measurement within the wheelbase of the CS8900.
The laser and computer are easily removed with cable disconnects.
- Export all data with GPS positions to GIS shapefiles, Excel, PDF
- Report cross-slope, running grade, bevel height tolerances, and events for width or height restrictions
- User can add hot key events to simplify collection process
- Collect ROW camera images of the sidewalk at user defined intervals
- Report straightedge and smoothness standards – above ADA requirements
- Data is stored in SSI’s format, compressed and encrypted
- Data locations can be viewed or edited at any time within SSI Profiler
- Review images in a slideshow tied to sidewalk data sequence
Configure For Your Needs
The baseline CS8900 is an ADA Access profiler with a dual axis inclinometer, dot laser and large wheels. A dot laser is used to capture rapid elevation changes. Larger wheels are installed to improve maneuverability over rougher sidewalks.
Optional features include:
- Line laser for texture measurement (MPD, ETD, RMS, raw)
- ROW camera tied to stationing and GPS
- Rolling shipping case for all components
- Onsite training available worldwide