At A Glance
- Collect Overlapping Data at Two Passes per Lane.
- IRI Data Collected Simultaneously.
- Fixed Interval Sampling
- Zero-Speed Inertial Profiler Capable.
- Portable Setup, Factory Calibrated.
The CS9550 Portable Survey Profiler is an adaptation of the CS9500 Full Lane Survey Profiler. All of the features from the full lane scanner remain within the CS9550’s smaller footprint. The CS9550 has three lasers lasers to collect a 7.5 to 8-foot wide transverse profile.
The CS9550 can include a single track high-speed inertial profiling system for AASHTO and FAA compliant smoothness data. This platform can also be upgraded to a Zero-Speed Inertial Profiler. As a single track unit, the CS9550 is ideal for airfield survey and smoothness testing. The CS9550 can report an IRI or PRI value through the SSI software.
Once overlapping scan data is collected, a 2D or 3D point cloud surface can be created within SSI software. This point cloud can be exported into SSI’s Profile Design or another design software.
The CS9550 system has these core features:
- Portable setup, mounts to hitch receiver. Ships and stores in a custom foam case.
- Single track inertial profiler (AASHTO R56-57, ASTM E950) integrated within system and simultaneously collects profile data
- 7.5 to 8-foot wide scans
- Typical collection is 2″ longitudinal, 0.5″ transverse data collected at 55 mph (50mm x 12mm at 88 kph)
- SSI CAD program to merge control points into dataset for secondary correction
- Intensity displays lane lines and delineation
- Scalable: Start with CS9550 and upgrade to the Full Lane Survey Profiler using the same sensors.
- SSI software merges elevation correction points for precise 3D elevations
- Outputs data in common formats (e.g.) PNEZD, PLLHD, GPGGA, and LAS
The CS9550 Portable Survey system is both a single track inertial profiler and high resolution mobile surveying system. The CS9550 can simultaneously measure IRI (longitudinal profile), transverse profile and 2D/3D surface scans for land surveying and machine control applications. The surface survey data can be adjusted correction points for 3D elevations within 6mm for 95% of point cloud.
2D+ or 3D Capable
The CS9550 system can also be used for 2D scanning for pavement rehabilitation work that does not involve paving to grade. SSI’s software includes a Profile Design module for configuring slope and cut/fill parameters for a design output optimized for best IRI results. The data can be exported to machine control systems, including 2D or 3D grade control systems.
The CS9550 software attributes include the following:
- Ride quality (IRI, PRI) and cross-slope reporting
- Data compatible with ProVal
- User configurable data collection and analysis parameters
- Easy software for calibration, collection and analysis of data on in-vehicle Toughbook; software license for use on desktop PCs.
- Patent-Pending process combines inertial profiler data with IMU and corrected GPS/Control for 2D/3D surfaces.
- Dense surface data for better designs.
- Create a design file with 2D or 3D survey data in conventional survey formats, but with higher resolution.
- Use surface data in SSI Profile Design module to analyze existing surface and optimize design for best smoothness values.
- Configurable design parameters for slope, cut/fill and smoothness.
- Data compatible with third-party CAD design software.
- Design flexibility—resurvey surface to assess changes as project build progresses. Build based on the true surface profile.
- Surface designs work with both milling and paving machines.
- Separate or combined data formats: profile only, slope only, GPS only, or integrated 2D/3D survey data.
- Multiple export formats: PNEZD, PLLHD, LAS, Excel, CSV, ERD/PPF, Custom TXT & PDF.
- Precisely calculate areas of localized roughness for corrections or bonus/penalty results.
- On-screen GPS navigation along profile data.
- Surface data complies with DOT & Industry specifications.
- Web based issue reporting and automatic software updating.
The CS9550 hardware attributes include the following:
- Single track inertial profiler for IRI or PRI smoothness testing (compliant with AASHTO M328, R054, R056-057 ASTM E-950, and state/provincial agency specifications).
- Limited calibrations required – all sensors are fixed on the CS9550 frame
- Scalable: Upgrade to full lane transverse profiles at any time
- 5mm x 5mm resolution possible. Typical is 2″ longitudinal and 0.5″ transverse at highway speeds.
- Multiple configurations available; examples:
- 2 laser track profiles, IMU and GPS for 2D relative inertial profile.
- 6 laser full lane width profile, IMU and corrected GPS/control data for highest resolution 3D Topo.
- Detachable core components minimizes risk of damage or theft.
- Panasonic Toughbook rugged operator interface computer with solid state hard drive
Correction Point Merger
The CS9550 collects data as a 2D scanning system with ~15-20mm elevation accuracy. When surveyed correction points are merged into the surface using SSI’s Survey Correction software the vertical accuracy improves within a 6mm tolerance for more than 95% of the point cloud.
Cross Slope Accuracy
The cross-slope reporting on the CS9550 is accurate and repeatable. The INS and lasers work together to cancel vehicle motion and measure the cross-slope of the measurement footprint (7.5 to 8-feet wide) – not just 3 or 5 points like simpler systems.
Use SSI’s Profile Design to create variable cut depth models based on smoothness profiles or cross-slope requirements. The collected surface is used to extract longitudinal lines within the wheelpaths or lane edges. These lines are imported into the Profile Design program. Operators can smooth the extracted profiles and determine the cut depth at every inch along the project. Cut depth thresholds are displayed for simple interpretation and manipulation. More IRI analysis features than other software to identify hot spots or problem areas.
Intellicut Corretive Grinding
Intellicut is SSI’s version of dynamic diamond grinder simulation. The corrective grind locations determined by Intellicut are based on the wheelbase and dynamics of the diamond grinder.
Improving on other commercially available options, Intellicut:
- Is automated. Set your grinder model and IRI threshold. The program will determine the grind locations and iterate until no grinds are left or the IRI threshold is achieved.
- Set short continuous ALR, long continuous, or fixed interval. Intellicut will grind until one or all three are in compliance.
- No need to open a 3rd party program. Intellicut is built into SSI Profiler
- The grind locations are saved in the raw data file for others to view.
- Export the final grind plan to PDF