At a Glance
The Segway SE-3 is an electric three wheeled cart capable of speeds up to 15 miles per hour. The device houses the SSI electronics and sensors behind the front tire. The system can collect data at any speed the host vehicle can travel.
The CS8600 profile data can be analyzed under the ADA sidewalk compliance criteria. The locations exceeding the sidewalk criteria, shown below, may be reported in PDF or GIS file formats.
Below is a comparison of the CS8600 Ultra-Light profiler with the FHWA validated CS8800 walking profiler over a tenth of a mile test track. Measurements were taken along the same wheel track with paint markings to facilitate consistent tracking of the devices.
The data can be reported in elevation based ride values such as PRI or IRI. Dual track reporting can give the CS8600 the option to report MRI and HRI. All files can be imported into ProVal or printed as a PDF report.
Additionally, the ADA sidewalk compliance parameters can be exported from the collected profiles. The CS8600 Ultra Light Profiler offers a faster collection speed than the CS8900 ADA Acess Profiler.
CS8600 System Specifications
- Windows 7/8/10 Professional Operating System
- Easy calibration instructions for system calibrations and verifications
- +/- 5g rated accelerometers. 0.0001g accuracy
- Gocator 32kHz single point Class 3B lasers; resolution Z 0.005 (mm).
- Optional 5 kHz wide-beam lasers reduce impact of tines, grooves or coarse textures on ride values and localized roughness.
- Distance resolution: 0.13 mm/sample
- Embedded laser and electronics powered by onboard batteries
- On screen visual aids and fast reporting of profile results
- Support for Google Earth, Google Maps and Microsoft MapPoint
- Navigate to locations within profile data using real time GPS Tracker and navigational/mapping capabilities
- User selectable parameters for English and Metric units
- Real time data display of profile trace, distance, GPS and IRI values
- User programmable keyboard shortcuts
- Ability to collect data at low speeds
- Pause areas integrated into collection. View paused areas separately or exclude
- Multiple Profile Indexes: IRI (International Roughness Index), Mean IRI (MRI), Half Car Ride Index (HRI), Profile Ride Index (PRI), Ride Number (RN)
- Multiple outputs for Areas of Localized Roughness: IRI based roughness based on user specified thresholds; Rolling Straightedge, Profilograph must-grind bump template, Texas 1001-S localized roughness
- Raw data is rewritable: change parameters at any time
- User defined filtering values for high and low pass filters
- Patented multiple trace reporting capability (display 2-3 traces side by side)
- Export data into (PPF, ERD), PDF, Excel, CSV, PRO, CAD, Survey, and Text
- Data is encrypted for security