At a Glance
Operated on Windows computer with easy, visual software, CS8850 users can quickly plan and collect FF/FL numbers with a dense array of point data. The CS8850 brings a significant advancement to the technology and accuracy in measuring floor and slab surfaces.
Redefining the collection method for floor flatness/floor levelness numbers meant changing the look of the collection device. SSI adapted our CS8800 reference profiler to collect FF/FL data at a one inch (25.4 mm) sampling interval. The founding FF/FL collection device samples elevation once every twelve inches (305 mm). Higher resolution translates into rich and accurate data that can be analyzed over different metrics such as adjustable straightedge templates.
Since the CS8800, CS8850 and C8900 share the same family of electronics, the operator can leave the slab surface and collect ADA compliance or road profiles without changing computers or hardware; all with one inch sampling (25.4 mm).
Export & Report More
With dense point data there is not much that escapes the CS8850. Although ASTM x1155 is still met through twelve inch (305 mm) sampling, accurate topographies and point clouds can be created based on the profile of the slab. The elevation can be exported with (X, Y) coordinates based on the slab dimensions. Due to SSI’s background in road profiling, the FF/FL collections can be viewed under a straightedge specification to determine correction areas. Do not limit yourself to only collecting data. Use the information and SSI Software to meet your specification.
Ease of Use
The single piece body uses in internal battery with a real laptop computer such as a Panasonic Toughbook or a Surface Pro III. All components ship in a custom Pelican case. Calibration of the device is completed by the user before each day’s collections in under five minutes. Operators can be onsite and ready to profile in fifteen minutes.
The SurfPro software allows the operator to enter slab dimensions based on (X, Y) coordinates and the program will automatically create the run paths to conform the ASTM x1155. All of the calibration procedures are listed in the software with step-by-step instructions. The reporting features will output structured text, PDF and Excel files.
Dipstick & CS8850 Comparison
Even with a sampling interval difference of eleven inches the Dipstick and CS8850 report comparable elevation profiles. Figure 1 shows a same surface elevation profile comparison between the CS8850 and Dipstick. Figure 2 compares the FF/FL results between the CS8850 and Dipstick.
Figure 1: CS8850 Elevation Profile vs. Dipstick
Figure 3: CS8850 Elevation Profile vs. Total Stations
- Equipment based on CS-8800 road profiler
- Custom designed hardware for profiling applications
- Modular design of all components
- Allows for simple and fast troubleshooting
- Can be used on all types of slabs or pavement
- Double use as a survey, benchmark, or road profiler
- Can replace rod and level measurement
- (ASTM r40)
- Perform collections and report data on a Panasonic Toughbook computer or Surface Pro 3.
- Remove Toughbook for other uses
- Surface Pro III can function as a laptop
- Integrated inclinometer finds profile elevations and floor flatness based on distance traveled
- Simple, one-person operation
- Easy walk-behind procedure
- Quick calibration steps to begin profiling
- Reusable storage container
- Collapsible handle for compact transport
- Machine is capable of charging Toughbook while collecting
- High resolution sampling interval of 1 inch (25.4 mm)
- Calibrate distance and height to external conditions
- Visual reporting feature that outputs a topographic map of the collected surface
- Simple instructions to calibrate and collect data
- Integrated compass to map floor plan
- Can have software calculate the Z-Values automatically to find most efficient collection path
- Start collecting at a distance from the joint, visually specified by the program in a diagram
- Ability to manually calculate and create run paths
- Collect at a continuous walking speed of 3 feet per second
- Collections are saved in a library to be loaded later
- Access all previous projects saved on computer
- Program asks for minimum FF/FL values for report generation
- Export the results to Excel with one click
- Print results directly from the program
- Differentiate from Project, Surfaces, Sections, and Runs with the tree-style organization
- Windows based software program
- Export reports to or PDF format