Zero-Speed Inertial Profiler Upgrade
Collect Data Through Vehicle Stops. No Lead In or Run-Out Data Required Can Also Be Used as a High Speed Reference Device For Certification Tracks
At a Glance
SSI’s exclusive new technology simplifies urban collections and projects with constraints. Collect at any speed: 0-100 mph (0-161 kph). There is no need to pace the collection to avoid red lights and stop signs.
See the Zero-Speed upgrade in action here.
Improve safety by collecting with the flow of traffic and varying speeds. With GPS tagging options, the operator doesn’t need to touch the computer – they can focus on driving.
SSI’s Zero-Speed Inertial Profilers have repeatedly proven to certify under the same standards as traditional inertial profilers; AASHTO r56 for repeatability and accuracy.
The Zero-Speed upgrade does not require run up or run out. Long duration stoppages also do not effect data. Both scenarios have been proven to collect accurate data compared to reference devices and traditional inertial profilers.
Standard features of the Zero-Speed upgrade:
- High accuracy INS sensor
- Cross-slope reporting
- Two laser sensors in each wheelpath
- GPS-INS receiver with nearly 40 satellites
- *SSI Zero-Speed Inertial Profiler is ‘System C’ in report
High Repeatability Reference Device
The repeatability results qualify the Zero-Speed as a reference device under ASTM e950 with repeatability scores greater than 98%. The Zero-Speed can be used as a reference device on tracks to certify inertial profilers. Now the reference data can be collected in a vehicle at a comfortable 15 mph in both wheelpaths.
The hardware for the SSI Zero-Speed system remains compact and modular. The wheelpath laser assemblies detach quickly and are stored in a foam molded case.
The models of SSI inertial profilers that can accept a Zero-Speed upgrade are:
- CS9100 Mid-Mount Profiler
- CS9300 Bumper Mount Profiler
- CS9400 Single Track Profiler
- CS9500 Full Lane Survey Profiler
Any SSI inertial profiler can be upgraded to a Zero-Speed system.
Zero-speed systems can be configured as a mid-mount CS9100 system, a front or rear mounted CS9300, or on the CS9500 Survey Profiler. The zero-speed system can be a field installable upgrade to existing CS9100/CS9300 systems. All CS9100/CS9300 software features are applicable with the zero-speed system.
- Meets ASTM E950 (Class I), AASHTO M328, R054, R056-057. Passes inertial profiler certification
- Collect data from a dead-stop up to 100 mph (160 kph)
- One inch (25.4 mm) sampling interval at all collection speeds
- Integrated GPS-DMI, available with INS option
- Features LMI Technologies’ 5 kHz Gocator wide beam lasers for asphalt and concrete pavements
- ±5g or ±10g rated Accelerometers with 0.0001g accuracy.
- Removable sensor modules mounted in wheel tracks on the front, middle, or rear of host vehicle
- Reuse collection components on another vehicle(s) or a lightweight vehicle
- Proven ability to measure wavelengths of ~0.25 feet (7.62mm) in excess of 8,000 feet (2,438 meters)
Compliance & Equipment
- Complies with all commonly used agency specifications
- Equipped with industrial grade sensors and connectors
- Core electronics manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility
- Rugged touchscreen computer supplied with all systems
- Custom docking station computer mount with swivel capacity for access by driver or passenger
- Operates from vehicle’s 12 volt power supply (no auxiliary power needed)
Operation, Training & Support
- One person operation
- Speed range: 0-100 mph (0-160 kph). Collect valid data through vehicle speed changes and stoppages
- Operating ambient temperature range: 32° to 128° F (0° to 53° C). Cold weather option available for below freezing testing
- Worldwide multi-lingual support and training available
- Moisture: profiling system components impervious to moisture (but quality of data degrades on wet pavement)
- Automatic software updates with SSI Profiler 3 and internet connection
- In-field replacement of portable, modular components
- Warranty and rapid response customer support