At a Glance
SSI's exclusive new technology simplifies urban collections and projects with constraints. Collect at any speed: 0-100 mph. There is no need to pace the collection to avoid red lights and stop signs.
Case Study: Zero Speed Proof of Performance
Texas Transportation Institute (TTI) Technical Memorandum: Task 4 Report*
*SSI Zero-Speed Inertial Profiler is 'System C' in report
The hardware for the SSI Zero-Speed system remains compact and modular. The wheelpath laser assemblies detach quickly and are stored in a foam molded case.
Mid-Vehicle, Front or Rear Mounting Options
Zero-speed systems can be configured as a mid-mount CS9100 system or a front/rear mounted CS9300. The zero-speed system can be a field installable upgrade to existing CS9100/CS9300 systems. All CS9100/CS9300 software features are applicable with the zero-speed system.
- Meets ASTM E950 (Class I), AASHTO M328, R054, R056-057. Passes inertial profiler certification.
- Collect data from a dead-stop up to 100 mph (160 kph).
- One inch (25.4 mm) sampling interval at all collection speeds.
- Integrated GPS-DMI, available with INS option
- Features LMI Technologies’ 5 kHz Gocator wide beam lasers for asphalt and concrete pavements.
- ±5g or ±10g rated Accelerometers with 0.0001g accuracy.
- Removable sensor modules mounted in wheel tracks on the front, middle, or rear of host vehicle.
- Reuse collection components on other standard or lightweight vehicles.
- Proven ability to measure wavelengths of ~0.25 feet (7.62mm) in excess of 8,000 feet (2,438 meters).
Compliance & Equipment
- Complies with all commonly used agency specifications.
- Equipped with industrial grade sensors and connectors.
- Core electronics manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility.
- Rugged touchscreen computer supplied with all systems.
- Custom docking station computer mount with swivel capacity for access by driver or passenger.
- Operates from vehicle’s 12 volt power supply (no auxiliary power needed).
Operation, Training & Support
- One person operation.
- Speed range: 0-100 mph (0-160 kph). Collect valid data through vehicle speed changes and stoppages.
- Operating ambient temperature range: 32° to 110° F (0° to 43° C). Cold weather option available for below freezing testing.
- Moisture: profiling system components impervious to moisture (but quality of data degrades on wet pavement).
- Worldwide multi-lingual support and training available.
- Automatic software updates with SSI Profiler 3 v2020.
- In-field replacement of portable, modular components.
- Warranty and rapid response customer support.
- 5 kHz Gocator wide beam lasers neutralize texture on asphalt and concrete pavements.
- ±10g accelerometers with 0.0001g accuracy.
- High performance GNSS solution with all systems (L1/L2 GPS+Glonass+Beidou+Galileo+SBAS, dual antenna).
- GPS-DMI comes standard with included upgrade to higher performing INS-DMI (utilizes IMU and survey-grade GPS).
- Toughbook rugged computer with Windows 10 Professional operating system.
- Docking station with driver/passenger computer access.
- Electric Eye data triggers on each side of system function to over 30+ feet (10+ meters)
- Sensor modules adjustable for correct vertical and transverse offsets
- Low power demand system--powered by host vehicle’s 12-volt supply.
- Collection system removable for safe storage off-vehicle.
- Operator software designed for Windows 10 Professional Operating System.
- Easy computer guided calibration instructions for bounce test, laser verification, accelerometer and distance calibrations.
- On-screen visual aids and immediate reporting of profile results.
- GPS Tagging - Hands free operation of data collection system
- Support for Google Earth, Google Maps and real-time display of vehicle position relative to profile data.
- Navigate to locations within profile data using real-time GPS Tracker and navigational/mapping capabilities.
- User selectable parameters for English and Metric units.
- Detailed collection display including real-time profile traces, statins/chainage, accumulated distance, GPS and IRI values.
- Electric Eye data triggers on each side of system function at 30+ feet (10+ meters).
- User programmable keyboard shortcuts.
- Zero-speed's "Continuous Collection" eliminates any impact of speed drop-outs when the vehicle speed drops below 5 mph.
- Pause areas integrated into collection. View paused areas separately or exclude.
- Multiple Profile Indexes: IRI (International Roughness Index), Mean IRI (MRI), Half Car Ride Index (HRI), Profile Ride Index (PRI), Ride Number (RN).
- Multiple outputs for Areas of Localized Roughness: IRI based roughness based on user specified thresholds; Rolling Straightedge, Profilograph must-grind bump template, Texas 1001-S localized roughness.
- Raw data is rewritable: change parameters at any time.
- User defined filtering values for high and low pass filters.
- Export data into (PPF, ERD), PDF, Excel, CSV, PRO, CAD, Survey, and Text.
- Data is encrypted for security.
- Cross-slope measurement (designed to +/- 0.05% accuracy).
- Better to Best GPS: Choose from medium [2.3ft/0.7m (or 4”/10cm with subscription)] or high resolution RTK corrected (0.4-0.8”/1-2 cm) with CAD output formats.
- 2D/3D survey with variiable depth design software for smoothness optimized milling and paving data. CAD outputs for use with machine control.
- Accurate elevation change reporting,
- HD Camera (forward or downward facing) with images synchronized with profilde data.
- Rut depth (3 point, 5 point, full lane width).
- Transverse Profile (full lane width, 6400 points).
- Texture reading in the wheelpath. Mean Profile Depth or 3D texture outputs.
- Cold weather package supports testing in below freezing conditions.