At a Glance
SSI has engineered patented software programs for 2D and 3D land surveying applications. Using data sets from SSI’s mobile Survey Profiling systems, our GPS Matching software builds dense 3D topographies generated from one inch sampled inertial profile data, cross-slope data and corrected GPS. Users can add known control point positions to tighten elevation content closer to total stations accuracy. For 2D pavement rehabilitation, our inertial profilers with cross-slope instrumentation generate highly accurate point-to-point profile and slope data files. The result is dense 2D or 3D surface scans with superior accuracy in a fraction of the time consumed by conventional survey methods. Then use SSI’s Profile Design module with configurable slope and cut/fill values to generate a design file optimized for smoothness (e.g. seeking a design IRI under 10 inches/mile). Export the data for use in third party CAD software for design and machine controls systems. Finally, test the surface for compliance with smoothness specifications using the inertial profiler component of the SSI equipment.
Some key features of SSI’s surveying applications software are:
- Quickly generate surface scans generated by SSI inertial profiling system with added survey instrumentation
- Create a design file with 2D or 3D survey data in conventional survey formats, but with higher resolution
- Use surface data in SSI Profile Design module to analyze existing surface and optimize design for best smoothness values
- Configurable design parameters for slope, cut/fill and smoothness
- Data compatible with third-party CAD design and machine control software
- Design flexibility—resurvey surface to assess changes as project build progresses (Build based on the True Surface Profile)
- Separate or combined data formats: profile only, slope only, GPS only, or integrated 2D/3D survey data
- Easy software for calibration, collection and analysis of data on a Touchscreen Toughbook with Windows 7/8/10 Pro
- Ride quality data reported under DOT ride quality specifications (e.g. IRI, MRI, HRI, PRI, RN)
- Fully compatible with ProVal
- Surface profile data complies with DOT/FHWA smoothness specifications
Figure 6 is an example of SSI’s Profile Design software for a milling course using a dual track surface scan optimized for smoothness based on the user entered ranges for cross-slope and cut depth.
Figure 6—Sample View of Profile Design Module in SSI Profiler 3