At a Glance
Equipment calibration and data collection is simplified with SSI’s all-in-one Profiler 3 interface. You don’t need to be an engineer or computer professional to run our software. Evolved over many years, the calibration and collection procedures are basic and assistive—meaning instructions are on the computer screen to guide the operator. During data collection using any SSI device, operators observe many details about the data being gathered. Figure 1 is an example of the display during data collection using a vehicle mounted inertial profiling system.
Figure 1— Sample View during Inertial Profiler Data Collection
Some core features of SSI’s calibration and data collection software are:
- Designed for safe, one person operation (large buttons on a touchscreen professionally mounted computer)
- Programmable hot keys for core commands (e.g. start/stop, location notes, or pauses) facilitate simplified, eyes-off-screen operation.
- On-screen instructions for quick calibrations with results displayed progressively throughout procedure
- Collect data and view profile data simultaneously
- View a detailed data trace while profile collection is underway (see distance, stationing/chainage, amplitudes, vehicle speed and GPS position).
- Real-time display of past segment ride values
- Three methods to trigger collections and pauses with inertial system:
- SSI proprietary reverse direction trigger (back-and-go)
- Software can trigger long range photonic sensors to start/end collections, begin/end pauses or create events (electric eye)
- Push button on touchscreen (on-the-fly)
- GPS distance measurement and GPS tagging of specific locations for joints, bridges, station equations, etc.
- Patented multiple track collections with single sensor systems
- Enhanced support for forward ROW camera and rear downward facing rear camera
- Simultaneous collection of surface data and GPS (low, medium or corrected resolution)