At a Glance
SSI’s profiling system software has a scalable set of Advanced Tools deployed to users of equipment with expanded instrumentation. The modular add-ons include:
- Right of way camera images synchronized with ride quality results, stationing and GPS positions
- Transverse Profile module displays transverse measurements with rut depth and lane edge change characterization
- Pavement corrections simulator for projection and display of milling or grinding locations to achieve smoothness thresholds
- Profile Design module for use with 2D/3D survey data to create design data optimized for smoothness
- Downward facing rear camera images synchronized with profile results; viewer supports still or playback mode
Figure 4 below is an example of the ROW camera image display with associated profile trace and ride quality statistics.
Figure 4—Sample View of Profile Data with Camera and Associated Ride & Roughness Details
The Advanced Tools also houses the transverse profiler viewer from the SSI five and six laser systems. The table is user configurable to show correlated data on all collected parameters.
The Grind Sections tab is a featured option related to the SSI CS7900 GPS Navigation system. Grind locations are inputted from ProVal or the SSI Grind Optimizer to be used for GPS navigation. The grind locations can be classified per wheelpath and edited within this window.
Under Profile Design the cross slope, longitudinal and transverse profile data can be used to calculate cut depths to achieve a certain cross slope. The parameters are inputted by the user to configure thresholds for cut depth or slope. The data can be exported and supplied to a third party control system.